Pages

Friday, August 7, 2015

Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... - 7 new articles

Click here to read this mailing online.

Your email updates, powered by FeedBlitz

Here are the latest updates for woowonenature@gmail.com

  1. Fun Video For ELLs: “Monkey the Cat Hunts for Dinner”
  2. Plotagon Is A Free & Simple Tool For Creating Animations
  3. Classroom Instruction Resources Of The Week
  4. There Are Eight Ways You Can Subscribe To This Blog For Free
  5. Very Good NY Times Video: “The Cost of Natural Disasters”
  6. New Resources On Hiroshima Bombing
  7. August’s (2015) Best Tweets — Part One
  8. More Recent Articles
  9. Search Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day...
  10. Prior Mailing Archive

Fun Video For ELLs: “Monkey the Cat Hunts for Dinner”

Here’s a video that would be a could one to show English Language Learners. They can describe orally and in writing the chronology of events. It shows a system this cat’s owner has created so the cat “hunts” for his/her dinner:

You might also be interested in The Best Fun Videos For English Language Learners In 2015 – So Far.

 

    

Sponsor message
powered byad choices

Plotagon Is A Free & Simple Tool For Creating Animations

plotagon

Plotagon is a free app that lets you create simple animations with a text-to-speech ability. A very nice feature it has – which sets it apart from a lot of animation tools — is that it provides a lot of prompts for users. That could be a big help to English Language Learners.

In some ways, it reminds me of a simplified xtranormal tool, which was very popular before it folded (by the way, a company is trying to resurrect it).

Plotagon also just unveiled an education platform that would cost $99 yearly for a classroom of 30 students.

Here’s a simple animation I made in a minute or two:

I’m adding this post to:

The Best Ways For Students To Create Online Animations


The Best Sites For Beginning iPhone Users Like Me

    

Classroom Instruction Resources Of The Week

Each week, I publish a post containing three or four particularly useful resources on classroom instruction, and you can see them all here.

You might also be interested in The Best Articles (And Blog Posts) Offering Practical Advice & Resources To Teachers In 2015 – So Far.

Here are this week's picks:

Using Art to Teach Critical Thinking is from Edutopia. I’m adding it to The Best Resources On Close Reading Paintings, Photos & Videos.

PROJECT-BASED LEARNING: QUESTIONS AND NEED-TO-KNOWS is by Philip Cummings. I’m adding it to The Best Sites For Cooperative Learning Ideas.

A First Day of School Activity that Teaches Argument, Which Teaches Thinking (Updated) is from Dave Stuart Jr. I’m adding it to The Best Resources For Planning The First Day Of School.

Assessment, Choice, and the Learning Brain is from Edutopia. I’m adding it to The Best Resources For Learning About Effective Student & Teacher Assessments.

Here’s an interactive tutorial for AP History teachers on using close reading with primary sources. It seems pretty useful. I’m adding it to The Best Resources On "Close Reading" — Help Me Find More.

I’m adding this tweet to the same list:

I’m adding this next tweet to The Best Posts On Writing Instruction:

I’m adding this tweet to The Best Resources On Differentiating Instruction:

This next tweet goes to The Best Rubric Sites (And A Beginning Discussion About Their Use):

    

Sponsor message
powered byad choices

There Are Eight Ways You Can Subscribe To This Blog For Free

Thousands of people subscribe to this blog for free so they can be notified of new posts.

There are eight ways you can subscribe to this blog for free, too, if you aren’t already doing so. You can:

Subscribe by a RSS Reader. One popular RSS Reader is Feedly (though there are many others). You can read about Feedly in this New York Times guide.

Subscribe to email updates through Feedblitz.

Follow me on Twitter, where I share my posts and many other resources.

Follow me on Pinterest, where I share posts and other resources.

“Friend” or “Follow” me on Facebook, where I also share my posts.

Add me to one of your Google+ Circles. If you send me a message there saying you would like to be notified of new blog posts, I will put you in that “circle” so you receive those notifications.

You can subscribe to a Flipboard Magazine for this blog.

Subscribe to a monthly email newsletter where I share my “Best” lists and my other picks of the best posts of the month.

Hope you find this list of choices helpful!

    

Very Good NY Times Video: “The Cost of Natural Disasters”

This NY Times video is barely over one minute, but it’s a very useful one if you, like we do at our school, teach a unit on Natural Disasters.

Here’s how The Times describes it:

Every year, the United States foots a multi-billion dollar bill for the economic and insured losses incurred from natural disasters. In 2014, the costs reached $25-billion with certain regions of the country more prone to calamity than others. So what disasters are the most common and how much do they cost? This video breaks down the natural disasters by region.

I’m adding it to The Best Websites For Learning About Natural Disasters:

    

Sponsor message
powered byad choices

New Resources On Hiroshima Bombing

    

August’s (2015) Best Tweets — Part One

'Twitter' photo (c) 2010, West McGowan - license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/

Every month I make a few short lists highlighting my choices of the best resources I through (and learned from) Twitter, but didn't necessarily include them in posts here on my blog.

I've already shared in earlier posts several new resources I found on Twitter — and where I gave credit to those from whom I learned about them. Those are not included again in post.

If you don't use Twitter, you can also check-out all of my "tweets" on Twitter profile page.

You might also be interested in The Best Tweets Of 2015 – So Far.

    

More Recent Articles


Sponsor message
powered byad choices
You Might Like


Email subscriptions powered by FeedBlitz, LLC, 365 Boston Post Rd, Suite 123, Sudbury, MA 01776, USA.

No comments:

Post a Comment